Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Many Christians will tell you they believe in divine healing but wonder why they struggle with receiving healing when sick. I remember my Eureka moment with respect to healing. It was around 2012
Another important thing to notice in this scripture is that God heals us from all not some of our diseases. It implies that there is no category of disease that God did not provide healing for. Whether it is coronavirus, flu, cancer, heart failure or another other disease, they fall in to the same category. Praise the Lord.
Recently, I boarded the train with an older lady in New York. I noticed she had a cane and was laboring to walk. As a result, I decided to start a conversation with her with the goal of telling her about the healing power in Jesus. I found out she was a Christian. As we discussed, she kept insisting that although she knew Jesus heals, her knee problem was not something God would heal. She said she needed a knee replacement surgery because bones on both legs had no more cartilage covering them. I pressed her reminding her that God is a miracle worker She agreed yet added “but…”.
You may wonder how a Christian can show so much unbelief, but aren’t many like her. They will say, “I believe God can do the impossible but…”. At the end of our conversation, she admitted that one reason we struggle to trust God for our healing is because especially in America, many have the option of using health insurance.
For us to work in divine healing an health we must make up our minds to trust the word of God completely as our source of healing. Do not see God as your last resort but our first . if he tells you to go to a doctor yo do so knowing you will receive from God through doctors.
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed 1 Peter 2:24.
Understand you are not healed when your symptoms go away but were healed at the cross, when Jesus bore our sickness in his body. The healing manifestations come when we believe it is done. Some reasons people don’t experience healing are:
- They are trying to get God to heal them instead of accepting the truth that it is already done and receiving it.
- They are trying to pray hard enough to be healed as if is their prayer power that does it. Notice that in the gospels, all the people that got healed didn’t have a record of being prayer warriors. Acts 3:12
- They are trusting in their own righteousness as if healing is a reward for good works. We can never do enough righteous works to qualify for healing. Remember that healing is a gift in the same way forgiveness of sins is a gift. Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;
- They believe they don’t have enough faith to be healed, without realizing that the faith that saved them is enough to heal them. More over, faith is a gift from God. Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- They believe that when God is ready (they are waiting on God) he will heal them. This is like waiting on God for him to save you when he is ready. You understand that does not make sense. If you wait for salvation, you will end up dying in your sins. Now is the day of salvation. Now is the day of healing. 2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
Finally, one thing you need to do so as to receive healing is to renew you mind with the word of God. You must get to the point where you know that you know God wants you well. This you do by meditating on healing scriptures. In June 2018, we found out my son had a fast growing tumor in his leg. The doctors were convinced it was cancerous because of how fast it grew. Once I found out from the scan what was going on, I asked the Holy Spirit what to do. He told me clearly that we must curse the growth in the same way witches curse people and they die. I told my son who is an adult what God told me and we started to do so. I also instructed him to listen to healing messages continuously.
I put him on spiritual pills which were listening to healing teachings by Andrew Wommack and also meditating on healing scriptures. After two biopsies which confused doctors because they couldn’t find cancer cells, he had to do a PET scan. The result of the scan showed no evidence of a tumor or it ever existing there. Hallelujah! The tumor disappeared because we stood on the word of God and cursed it.
I want you to know that there is power in your words. If you will take the words of God concerning healing and speak them in faith, every sickness will disappear and you will walk in divine health. Know that God’s word in your mouth is as powerful as they are in Jesus’ mouth. Human medicine is expensive but the word of God as medicine is absolutely free. Learn to take the Word as medicine to your body by meditating on it day and night. You will be amazed at the results you will see.
In closing, I encourage you to start practicing this with less serious things like a headache. Instead of reaching for medicine speak to the headache to go and stand your ground. Gradually move on to more serious illnesses. That was how I started and today I am experiencing divine healing regularly.
Remember healing is a gift in the same way forgiveness of sins is a gift. Isiah 64:6 "But we are all as an unclean thing. and al our righteousness are as filthy rags."